Below is a brief summary of programs that support author visits in schools outside of Ontario. For eligibility requirements and application guidelines, please visit the programs' respective websites. In most cases, in order to participate in these programs you must be a member of the organization and/or a resident in that province.
- Off the Page School Program: Administered by the Federation of BC Writers, this program subsidizes author visits to BC public schools to engage and inspire children through literature. Funded by ArtStarts.
- Writers in Schools Program: The Canadian Author Association Alberta Branch runs this program to support author visits in Alberta schools. Unfortunately, this program is not running in 2015 due to a loss of funding.
- SWG Author Readings Program: Run by the Saskatchewan Writers Guild, this program makes it possible for people of all ages to meet and listen to their favourite Saskatchewan authors and storytellers. Schools, libraries, writing groups, community organizations and readers around the province can apply.
- Artists in the Schools Program: Run by the Manitoba Arts Council, Manitoba-based schools (grades K-12) can apply to this program to subsidize artist visits (including authors) to their school. Application deadline is May 15 each year.
- Culture in the Schools Program: Administered by the Quebec Writers' Federation, this program gives students and teachers the opportunity to meet a professional writer in the classroom to exchange ideas about writing, language and literature, or various aspects of the writing profession. The program is intended for students of Quebec public and private educational institutions in the French-language and English-language sectors, at the pre-school, primary and secondary levels.
- Writers in the Schools Program: Administered by the Writers' Federation of New Brunswick, this program brings authors and illustrators into New Brunswick schools. Participating authors must be members of the Federation.
- Writers in the Schools Program: Administered by the Writers' Federation of Nova Scotia, this program supports author visit to Nova Scotia based schools (grade K-12).
PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND
- Writers in the Schools Program: Administered by the PEI Writers' Guild, the Guild would match authors with teachers and support all fees associated with the school visits. This program is not currently running due to lack of funding.
NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR
- School Touring Program: Administered by the Newfoundland and Labrador Arts Council, this program is available to professional artists, groups, and not-for-profit arts organizations to support significant touring productions to schools throughout the province.