"I love helping writers hone their work." — Author Margaret Webb
Are you writing a book? Get a professional evaluation of your work through our Manuscript Evaluation Service.
The Writers' Union of Canada offers a Manuscript Evaluation Service using the talents of our members, all of whom are professional authors. The service provides writers with advice on their manuscripts.
Included in Your Evaluation
- Comments on the content, including but not necessarily limited to characterization, dialogue, setting, believability, and research;
- Comments on the writing technique, including but not necessarily limited to technical ability and style;
- Steps to take to develop the manuscript; and
- Responses to three specific questions submitted by the author.
- Submissions must be double-spaced, twelve-point size, easy-to-read font with one-inch margins on white pages.
- On a separate page, include a list of three specific questions you would like the evaluator to address (optional).
Submit Your Manuscript
Submissions are accepted online. After submitting, you will receive an invoice by email for the total fee within 2–3 business days. Payment can be made online by credit card or through PayPal. Your submission will be processed upon receipt of payment.
Manuscript evaluations take five to eight weeks, depending upon the length of the submission.
Please note: This service is anonymous; the evaluator will not see the name of the writer, nor will the writer receive the name of the evaluator. Please do not include your name on the manuscript. The Manuscript Evaluation Service is not an editing service; your manuscript may be returned to you containing no additional editorial comments/corrections. The Union wishes to emphasize that use of its Manuscript Evaluation Service will not guarantee publication.
For further information, please contact email@example.com.